Starting a business in the Netherlands
We offer help throughout the process of starting a business in the Netherlands. The BV is the most widely used and convenient type of entity to form your business in the Netherlands. The national legislation does not require the possession of any particular asset for starting a BV in the Netherlands. The only necessary prerequisite is to have an official local address. Businesses of this type belong to shareholders and their capital consists of easily transferrable shares. The Dutch BV also needs to have a minimum of one director. The director(s) and shareholder(s) do not have to reside in the country.
Our services to incorporate a Dutch BV
We provide the service of starting up a Dutch company starting from EUR 1000.
We need the following documents for the procedure of starting a business in the Netherlands:
In case the director(s) and shareholder(s) are physical entities, each person must provide us with:
- Passport copy;
- Evidence of residential address, no more than two months old: for example, a bill for gas or electricity;
- Certificate of marital status stating whether the individual is married or not;
In case the director(s) and shareholder(s) are legal entities, each of them must provide us with:
- Extract (original) from the commercial register of the country of formation. If this document does not mention the identity of the director, we require a note of an official notary in the country that states the identity and the legal capacity of the business’s director(s).
- In case the director/a director is a legal entity, we require an original extract for this business from the commercial register of the country of formation. At least one of the directors must be a physical person;
- Declaration of Ultimate Beneficial Ownership (UBO);
- Incorporation deed (copy).
We will check if the name you chose for your new company is not already in use. We do this before we incorporate, and at no extra cost to you. You can send us your preferred name, and we will let you know all about its availability as soon as possible.
In case you have any questions about starting a company in the Netherlands, please, do not hesitate to contact us.
Starting a business in the Dutch economy
The country is famous for the colourful capital of Amsterdam and the port of Rotterdam – the biggest in Europe and worldwide. Also, the Netherlands is very popular for its favourable business environment. It is an attractive destination for starting a business or a branch for the following reasons:
- The Netherlands has signed more treaties for the avoidance of double taxation than any other state worldwide. You can send us an inquiry about the treaties in force for your country of residence;
- The rate of the taxes for corporate income in the country is among the lowest in Europe;
- No taxes are charged on royalties;
- Based on our experience we consider it a lot easier for international residents to incorporate a Dutch BV or start another business, compared to most other states;
- The infrastructure in the country is among the best worldwide;
- Business entrepreneurs are always welcome in the Netherlands. The culture is open to international influences;
- The percentage of Dutch people who speak foreign languages is quite high. Almost everyone knows English, and many are also proficient in French or German;
- The results of an investigation performed by G. Thorton in recent years show that Holland is among the top countries worldwide for starting a business;
- The Netherlands attracts various foreign companies thanks to its stable politics and legislation and its good international relations.
- Further studies show that international companies have strong confidence in the Netherlands when starting their business thanks to its international environment and multiculturalism. The country hosts many international companies reporting a positive experience.