Seychelles International Business Company IBC
Characteristics of Seychelles IBC´s
The set up of IBCs in Seychelles follows the classic model of the British Virgin Islands and the Bahamas. It offers the top privacy features that are currently available worldwide. In contrast to the popular business centres of the Channel Islands and in the Caribbean basin (most of them are British colonies pressured into harmonising their privacy and tax policies with the European legislation), the Republic of Seychelles is independent and politically stable.
Advantages of Seychelles IBC´s
- Exceptional level of privacy: Seychelles does not keep a public registry of company directors or shareholders. The IBCs incorporated there cannot be legally forced to disclose any details regarding their owners/beneficiaries.
- Nominee directors and shareholders are allowed: The position of Director and/or Shareholder in an IBC can be filled by a nominee.
- Nominees can be offshore companies: If you are looking for even better protection of your privacy, you can engage another company to become a nominee director or shareholder of your company in Seychelles. This doubles the privacy protection of your IBC.
- No costs for accounting: You are not obliged to submit accounts or yearly financial reports. This reduces significantly the yearly operational costs of your company and contributes to your privacy since the assets and financial records of the entity remain confidential.
- No taxes: International business companies incorporated in Seychelles do not pay any taxes. There are no liabilities for stamp duty / other taxes in case of transfer or sale of shares.
- Litigation insurance at no additional cost: It is next to impossible to identify the persons owning a Seychelles company (or to determine whether the company has any assets). Therefore few would find a stimulus or grounds to sue such a company.
- Reliable offshore banking: IBCs are allowed to open bank accounts in the offshore zone. The banking laws of Seychelles guarantee one of the highest privacy levels worldwide. Therefore you can confidently use your company for secure banking of funds offshore.
- No interference from the Internal Revenue Services (IRS) of the United States or the European Union: There are no economic ties between Seychelles and the US / EU. Unlike the British Virgin Islands and many other competitors, the Republic HAS NOT ENTERED in any agreements for sharing of information with the IRS of the EU or the US.
- Favourable time zone: The time in Seychelles is 4 hours ahead of GMT. This is very convenient for clients located in Europe, the United Kingdom and the main business centres in Asia.
– Company type: International Business Company
– Political situation: Stable
– Case and civilian law: Hybrid
– Disclosure of beneficiary details: No
– Transfer of domicile: Allowed
– Offshore profit tax: Zero
– Transcription of company name: Latin
– Number of shareholders/members: at least 1
– Number of directors/managers: at least 1
– Bearer shares: not available, although allowed
– Corporate managers/directors: permitted
– Company secretary: required
– Authorised capital, standard amount 5 000 USD
– must have a registered agent/office
– not mandatory to have a company secretary
– no requirement for local directors
– no requirement for local meetings
– no obligation to include managers/directors in the Registrar
– no obligation to include members/shareholders in the Registrar
– no yearly financial report
– no submission of accounts
Recurring Government Costs
– License fee / minimum yearly tax: 100 USD
– Fee for submission of annual reports: not applicable